Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

REEDZHOU
Helper I
Helper I

summarize report with 2 tables , not working

Hi 

I create 2 tables, one covers operating info, the other with financial info, both are linking with order numbers, I tried to group them by gain or loss. the report is as below

GAIN/LOSS |  JOBS |  CW_KG | Profit

gain           100      500      500

loss            100      500      -350

total          100      500        -150

The reality is gain job 75, loss job 25, financial profit is correct. How can I fix this? thanks

10 REPLIES 10
REEDZHOU
Helper I
Helper I

no one can give me solution? please
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @REEDZHOU,

Please update your measure job to this one.

jobs = COUNT('MS ODW CONNECT'[UTN])

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

thanks, Frank

but please note UTN is an unique in MS ODW CONNECT table. UTN is an unique in HAWB table, how can I count them up? thanks

Hi @REEDZHOU,

I am a bit confused about your excepted result, could you please tell we what is the reuslt you want?

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank

thank you in advacne

HAWB is listed with Orders, which is unique number. MS ODW page is all orders profit, but some orders generated profit in  2 financial periods or more, so they are not unique to listed by Country & UTN. I used order number in HAWB as unnique to linke to Country & UTN in MS ODW report. I want to generate the report from HAWB to list how many job count to get loss /gain or how much chargeable weight to get gain/loss?  I broke down to order level. It is ok, all jobs will be listed chargeable & profit. If I want to summary to list them, the chargeable weight & job counts ( these 2 info are sitting HAWB page) are same as below

senario 1

Order |  Job Count  | Chargeable Weight |  Profit

123A         1                        523                       300

234A        1                         250                     -100

Senario 2

Gain/loss  |  Job Count  | Chargeable Weight | Profit

Gain             2                     773                               300

Loss             2                      773                               -100   

The job count & chargeable weight are same in summary.

Hi I want to explain more clear HAWB page report , 1 order 1 line, providing chargeable weight for each order MS ODW report 1 order with multiply line, providing shipment profit by different month progressing HAWB use order to connect MS ODW Connect report. I can use SUM to work out profit. Among these orders, some made profit, some loss. I created column to show " Gain or Loss". If I use order number in HAWB to generate how many job/chargeable weight gain, how many jobs loss/chargeable weight report. the total job /chargeable will be same sitting in the gain & loss line as below CW Job Counts Profit Gain 500 15 657 Loss 500 15 -300
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @REEDZHOU,

Could you please share your sample data and excepted result to me? You can upload your file to dorpbox and share the link here.

Regards,

Frank

Hi please see below I store file in there, thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38enikq3wwdhurk/TEST.pbix?dl=0

Anonymous
Not applicable

you have just provided the expected result without the source data, please share full required details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.