Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abeinke2018
Frequent Visitor

sumifs formula with related tables

Data

CalendarTable CropDataExcel Data

Hi All,

I am new to BI and have been using excel extensively, my issue is trying to sum amounts by day (given there is 000's of lines of data)

The types of formulas i have used are as below ...

Crop = CALCULATE(SUM(CropData[Kg]),FILTER(RELATEDTABLE(CropData),CropData[Date])<='Total Harvest'[Date]&&RELATEDTABLE(CropData),CropData[Date]>='Total Harvest'[Date])

Harvest = CALCULATE(SUM(CropData[Kg]),ALL('Total Harvest'[Date]))

What I am trying to get is the following (Excel)

=SUMIFS(L:L,B:B,">="&"Table Calander[Date]",B:B,"<="&"Table Calander[Date]",G:G,"GH 4")

Trying to reference the date field within the calendar table in order to summarise

Any help would be apreciated

Thankyou

Andrew

1295.jpg1288.jpg1289.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @abeinke2018,

1.PNG

What is the intention of above formulas?

Besides, to illuatrate the formula you used in Excel, please show us the desired result.

=SUMIFS(L:L,B:B,">="&"Table Calander[Date]",B:B,"<="&"Table Calander[Date]",G:G,"GH 4")

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have this formula which gives me what I need, unless you know of a better way to do this ?

It sums up all the Kg's (000's of rows) for the location GH4 for each day

Field GH4 = CALCULATE(SUM(Field[GH4]),FILTER(ALL(Field),Field[Day]<='Total Harvest'[Date]&&Field[Day]>='Total Harvest'[Date]))

Thankyou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.