Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arne3763
Regular Visitor

sumif using in a measure to filter within text

Hi,

I do have the following table coming from Forms via Flow to my PowerBI Dataste.

I want to create a measure, counting the number of distinct expressions within a specific column, e.g. column "Good Performance".

Query.GIF

Values are comma separated within the data fields.

I have tried many options with SEARCH, FILTER, SUMX etc. from what I found in the forum, but failed.

Anyone who can help me with a solution.

Thank you in advance!

Arne

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @arne3763,

You can use Word cloud custom visuals for this requirement.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380752?tab=Overview

Thanks,
Amit

Dear Amit,

thank you very much for the quick solution. This works fine.

However, additionally I also need to know the concrete number of a specific category per column.

BR
Arne

Hi @arne3763,

Please share some sample data and expected result to help use clear your requirement and do test on sample data.(you can upload to onedrive or google drive and)

Notice: do mask on sensitive data before share.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Dear Xiaoxin Sheng,

I have created an example of data and expected results in Excel. The file is place on oneDrive and expired Wednesday Mar 6 2019.

Example Data

The solution needs to be a measure as I am working with a data stream and thus are not allowed to use the Power Query Editor and also not allowed to create additional columns.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,

Arne

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @arne3763,

I have used several transormation in Power query editor and using group by I can achieve your requirement.
TextMeasure.JPG

After spliting, I have converted all the list to table and Perform append query then performed group by to final table.
You can work around it.

Regards,
Amit

Dear Amit,

thank you for giving it a try.

However, this is not a possible way for me to go as I am using a streaming dataset and though cannot use the query editor (like explained also in my last post).

Therefore, the work arround you proposed unfortunately is not a possible solution.

Thanks again for investing your time.

Best regards,

Arne

Dear Amit,

thank you for giving it a try.

However, this is not a possible way for me to go as I am using a streaming dataset and though cannot use the query editor (like explained also in my last post).

Therefore, the work arround you proposed unfortunately is not a possible solution.

Thanks again for investing your time.

Best regards,

Arne

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.