Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CTan42
Helper II
Helper II

sum of revenue regard with its source and type

Hi, belows are my screenshot of my dataset. I'm asked to create a measure to calculate the sum of the revenue of each region regard to it's source and type. So i will put this measure as the value in the matrix table. Is there anyway to do this?  By doing this measure, so i wont have to create a slicer for the source and type?

excel dataexcel datapower bipower bimatrix tablematrix table

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@CTan42 so are you saing you want to  hard code each measure by source and type?

ie. 

A AR Revenue = calculate(sum(revenue), source = "a", type = "AR")

?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

@vanessafvg yes i am. so is that the solution?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@CTan42 so are you saing you want to  hard code each measure by source and type?

ie. 

A AR Revenue = calculate(sum(revenue), source = "a", type = "AR")

?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

@vanessafvg yes i am. so is that the solution?

@CTan42  that would be the correct way to create the measure, is there a lot of measures to create?

how will you display the data, what do you want to do with it?

@vanessafvg thx for your help...it works! So basically i will create few matrix tables to display each source & type revenue. Tbh this is just a fake data. My real data is bigger size than these screenshot shown. Thanks your help again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.