Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

sum last 4 weeks

Hi guys,

I have been trying calculate last 4 weeks' sum with no great results. 

IF i use, this will only get the last 4weeks of 2018:

Calculate(sum(BP_SELL_out[Cantidad]);Filter(BP_Sell_out; BP_Sell_out[week]<=MAX(BP_Sell_out[week]) && BP_Sell_out[week]>=MAX(BP_Sell_out[week])-3))

IF i use date table the same thing, an this will add a week53.

May data:

BP_tables.JPGI have created a week table with a weekID but none of that seems to work (yyyyww), the closest i get was filtering week and result was correct but i had to filter without that correct values didn't appear.

can you help pls.thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
dearwatson
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi JMSATIRO

The problem is that the MAX Week number is always going to be 52 (the last week of the year) so this is not the "current week" as such

The basic approach is first getting the current date then filter the calendar to show only the period we want relative to the current date.

Looking at your model we need something to depict the current date or week that can be sorted into order (ideally this would be a "week ending" date) otherwise you might need to create a new Year.Week surrogate key e.g 2019.01, 2019.02...2019.12 etc. then you use that for your MAX calc.

So then you can use the Year.Week to get the weeks you want.

Cantidad Last 4 weeks = VAR CurrentWeek = MAX(BP_SELL_out[Year.Week]) RETURN CALCULATE(SUM(BP_SELL_out[Cantidad]), BP_Sell_out[Year.Week]>=CurrentWeek-0.04))

(you can omit the && if there are no future dates in BP_Sell_out)

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for quick response but i can't slice the data, it recognized 2018 and 2019 weeks separately though.

when i slice it doesn't sum the 4 last weeks of that date.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you mind sharing us your dummy pbix? that would be easier for us to find the point.

Please upload it to the Onedrive/sharepoint, make sure you've removed the confidential info before.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.