Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sum by different groups and date and plot value by different date column

Hi, I have a problem in Power Bi which is quite complex (for me). I use confidential data, so i replaced the data with simple data to show you my problem. So I have 2 different date column: when the products were sold ('S date') and when they were paid ('P date'). I have different shops where they were sold and different products that were sold. There are some cases when the company buy its own products. And we would like to adjust the value of transactions with the company's own purchases. The company's own purchases appear as negative values (for example last row in the sample is the company's own purchase and the first two rows are the ones that should be adjusted), and the company always buy their own products in shop 'A'. So I would like to summarize the value of transactions by shop, product, P date, but i want to show the values on the figures by S date.  Unfortunately S date is not always the same in the rows that should be adjusted and in the rows that are used for the adjustment, so the connection key between them is the P date, however on the figures S date should appear.   

shopS dateP dateproductvalue of transaction
A18-May-201923-May-2019X300
B18-May-201923-May-2019X500
B26-Apr-20191-May-2019Z400
A16-Apr-201921-Apr-2019Y200
B16-Apr-201921-Apr-2019Z300
A6-Apr-201911-Apr-2019Z800
A18-May-201923-May-2019X-800

So could you please help me with the dax functions that can be used for this grouped summary?
Thanks a lot, 
Domingo

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may simply try Drill down in a visualization in Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your answer. If only the problem was that simple. 
I wanna aggregate the values daily by P date, but i wanna show them on the chart using a different date (S date). So i guess i have to sum the values by P date using a dax function. Because with the drill down function i cannot drill down by one date but show on the chart another date. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.