cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sc24 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

sum based on a measure

I have created a measure that will count the number of arrests per person based on a date range slider. That works great.

Now, I need to total the number of people with the same arrest qty.

below is what I have

name             arrests

john               1

jane                5

jim                  5

jeff                 1

i'm trying to get what is below:

count of name      arrests

2                            1

2                            5

i was able to accomplish the second table with a column, but that doesn't update as the dates change. 

Anyone have any insight? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: sum based on a measure

Hi @sc24,

This requirement is not achievable. Since you need to get the dynamical arrests total, you have to create a measure for it. But measure returns single value based on row context. In your expected output, the attemption to use measure vlaues as row context doesn't make sense.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sc24 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@v-yulgu-msft - thanks! I created a measure because columns don't update with slider change. Is there another route I go about acheiving this without using measures and keeping the arrest count dynamic?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sc24,

Is there another route I go about acheiving this without using measures and keeping the arrest count dynamic?

I'm afraid not. Only measure can return results dynamically based on slicer change.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.