Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prabunathan
Frequent Visitor

subscription

Hi

I am using a Power BI Pro trial version and would like to share the Dashboard and Reports to my team members. i.e., I would like to grant access to four of my team member to login through browser and view / filer the DB and Reports on readonly basis.

Please suggest the optimum subscription to choose. Should i buy the US$ 9.99 subscription for one year and my team would be able to view the reports on readonly basis (or) should i buy a subscription for each one of them.  Kindly note they are within the same domain.

Thanks & Regards

Prabu

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need Pro for yourself and every user that will need to view these reports.

If this is a small peice of a large Power BI whole for your business, Power BI Premium can allow you to not require pro for the users who will only view. You would need close the 500 users before this would be cost effective.

If the data isn't sensitive, there is something called 'Publish to the Web', however this link will be accessable by anyone anywhere who can sniff out the web url.

Hi

Thank you for the clarification. My immediate requirement is to give access to only 3 to 4 of my Team members. So, i understand from you the best option is to subscribe PBI Pro for each one of us.

We are a small office presently working on Office 2013 and do not have a Office 365 subscription. Kindly advice the process to get the PBI subscription.

Regards

Prabu

Anonymous
Not applicable

The company I work for has fairly sizable MS agreements, with annual true-ups.  I simply put requests into our purchasing department who handle license allocation.  This is unlikely to be very helpful to you.  I'll leave it to others to comment.  I would reach out directly to Microsoft sales and see what options they can provide.

Hi

Thanks again and will contact MS Sales

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.