Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rosina
Regular Visitor

sub heading with calulated columns

Hi All,

I am currently building a report, the user wants it to look like her excel report that has headings and sub headings

Capture 2.PNGCapture 3.PNG

I have managed to duplicate the rows using calculated formulars but I have no idea how to add the "planned" "gained" headers

I can't just add a text box on top as the table has manay columns so can scroll left or right

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Rosina ,

You can simply create a matrix visual and drag [Headers] column and [Subheaders] columns to the column field. If values "Planned", "Gained", "Lost" and "Delayed" are columns' names in your original table, you can click query editor-> Transform, then click unpivot to transform them to column values.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft thanks for the reply, it is a matrix visual at the moment. I am finding it had because the columns ae calulated from different tables and columns. I have sub headings on another table but that is because I group the columns, not sure how to do this when multiple columns are involved.

Also Planned, Gained ect are not columns in my actual data

@Rosina ,

Does this tables have relashonship with each other? Could you share some screeshots of table structure and relashonship? Please mask the sensitive data in snapshot.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.