Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

stacked and clustered column (basics)

Hello experts,

I am working on an indicator that has been produced based out of Excel. I had been asked to reproduce it in Power BI.

As per my collected info it seems clustered and stacked are not possible with PowerBI... Then I would appreciate to let me know if any "workaround to obtain the graph "Product Mix  as I am capable to obtain the accompanied table... In excel I would only nee to transpose values...

I achieve to create below chart based on calculated measures fields (thats why the % Sales need to be changed to % of total..not sure if correct...) Basically it shows contribution of top sellers in the portfolio and need to reduce long tail (slow movers)...

made chart.JPGexcel graph.JPG

thank you all in advance

BR

Luis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

As you refer in Power BI when the values are too smal they aren't visible, you can make a custom formatting for each of the lines and column data lables, just turn on the customize series, however small values are not visible, a possible workaround is to:

• Turn off data labels
  • Create 6 cards and make use of filters to choose the Sales or Number of Ref and each of the 3 measures
  • Format the cards without any background and small size letter
  • Place it on top of the bars

Untitled.png

Inconvinient on this is that if the size of the bars changes the values will remain on the same place so probably you will get value away from the bars.

Another way is to create a table and place it on bottom of the chart.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Anonymous 

you might consider creating pbix file that will contain some sample data (remove the confidential info), upload the pbix to onedrive for business and share the link to the file. Please do not forget to describe the expected results based on this sample data.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.