Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

datalearner
Frequent Visitor

sql graph analytics (node and edge) visualizations

Hi I was looking for recommendations or samples of poeple using sql graph models database objects (edges and nodes) in visualiztions for power  bi. I'm using multiple nodes and edges. I've used some of the "network" visualizations and they work great for a single fact table with housing various steps of process (eg, flight data) but I'm looking for a great use cases of visualizing multiple sql graphs edges and nodes. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
CGlembocki
Frequent Visitor

There are a few new visuals from MAQ Software in the Marketplace that may help.

Are you looking solely for visuals or looking for graph related functions in Power BI? I ask because I’m hoping to include SQL operations like this into my projects: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/graphs/sql-graph-shortest-path?view=sqlall...

While I use Power BI extensively for data wrangling, I have not yet found a set of visuals that work for my data (specifically, I’m looking for a visual that handles sugiyama renderings - directed, acyclic graphs with unlimited parents/children per node and minimized overlapping edges).

I end up doing most of my work in Power BI then export the edge and node tables and use them in other packages (e.g., data graphics in Visio, Excel’s NodeXL template, Gephi, and Cytoscape).

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@datalearner 

You may take a look at Force-Directed Graph.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.