Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MikeChicago
Frequent Visitor

sort tooltip

I have a line chart with a tool tip that show loan# and the $amt in the tooltip that show automatically. The problem is the tooltip is sort by account# and /i would rather it was sorted by the $amt.

9 REPLIES 9
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Do you have account# on tool tip as well or it is the value of line? Not fully sure but you can click (...) on top right hand corner of your visual and choose sort option.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yes the tooltip is showing as well. It's only giving me export data, show data, remove and spotlight.

I just did at my end it is giving me sort option. Are you using most recent powerbi desktop version? Can you share you screen shot what visual you are using and values you have on it?

sort.PNG

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

The version I'm using is:  2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017)

I can see the sort by in the elipse but that doesn't hange the tooltip. I'm thinking I'll have to write a custom tooltip maybe.

Tootiproblem.png

Well, I guess it is not sort in tooltip. I don;t think you can turn off default tool tip value but you can surely add your own tooltip. So writing custom value for tooltip is not a bad idea but you will not turn off the default one, keep that in mind.

I think there are some ideas on idea forum and vote for the idea to disable tooltip.

Wait a sec. What is the point to writing a tooltip if you can't get rid of the default one? I know putting a data field in the tooltip section is a waste of time.

Hi @MikeChicago,

Here is the idea about removing the default tooltips, shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

I think that, more important than being able to turn on/off the tooltip, would be to have the option to have it sorted by its VALUES instead of its LEGEND/NAME. By doing so, as you hover the mouse on a line chart it adjusts/sort the data accordainly. 

This is actually really important.  Its impossible to see what is the MAX value when hovering over it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.