Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yasc

sort all visuals by one variable

Hi, 

I'm new to Power BI and have a question concerning ordering.

I have two visuals on a report page. On the x-axis, there are the same entities displayed for both visuals. The y-axis is "Sales" in Visual 1 and "EBIT" in Visual 2, both concerning the corresponding entity. What I want to achieve is the following:

If I sort one of the visuals by, let's say "Sales", there will be naturally a certain order of entities on the x-axis. Is it possible, that the second visual ("EBIT") has now automatically the same order of entities, even though the variable which is sorted by ("Sales") is not included in this visual?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,

Yannik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Yasc , You have to do it manually. Add sales visual to the tooltip, when it is not part of the visual. and sort on that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Yasc , You have to do it manually. Add sales visual to the tooltip, when it is not part of the visual. and sort on that.

Thanks @amitchandak, even though this is not the solution I hoped for, it is at least a solution.

Do you know where I can submit some kind of feedback for later patches of Power BI? Maybe that's something the developers can work on, as I think this could be really helpful for other reports and the software can get improved by introducing this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.