Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HE-Chart
Frequent Visitor

smartsheet

Hello,

I have been accessing my Smartsheet data for months until today I've been getting the following error when I try to access Smartsheet using the desktop version and online services.

Both are giving the following error:

Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://api.smartsheet.com/2.0/favorites'(400😞 Bad Request

I double checked and my smartsheet login credentials are correct

Is there currently a known issue accessing Smartsheet?

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @HE-Chart,

It seems that you use web connector to get data from Smartsheet in Power BI Desktop? Please check if your URL is correct.

In addition, do you have issue if you connect the data with Smartsheet connector in Power BI Desktop?

By my test with the latest version of Power BI desktop (2.65.5313.1381), If I use Smartsheet connector, everything works as expected.

Besides, there is no known issue accessing Smartsheet currently by my research.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Thanks for your reply.

I do have the same and latest version of Power BI desktop you have. When I select 1) Get Data, 2) Online Services, 3) Smartsheet, in Power BI Desktop, I get the error "Unable to Connect. We encountered an error while trying to connect... Details: "Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://api.smartsheet.com/2.0/home' (400): Bad Request"

If I use the Power BI Service online to get data from Smartsheet using the Services apps, I also get the same error.

Can you please confirm if these steps work for you?

Many thanks!

Today I'm able to get data again from Smartsheet. It just started working again after having issues for a couple weeks. I don't know what was fixed and how the problem started in the first place. Hope it doesn't happen again. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.