Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jochenj
Advocate II
Advocate II

smart narrative - measure of format text = no value

playing with the smart narrative....

Don't know what's the issue but non-numeric measures do in general not work for me in the visual.

- Created a very simple measure TXTTEST="abc"

-  the narrative detects this measure but shows NO value in preview

- Also after klicking save/ok the value is empty with tooltip "current data and filters produce no results for this measure")

Anyone with same issues? have seen in videos that this should working but doesn't work for me with the latest PBI destkop Nov 2020

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jochenj 
My test show text values correct with text measure. For this issue, 

V-pazhen-msft_1-1606271429895.png

According to the doc, sometime s a summary is empty when no insights are available. For example, in the sample file's line chart, a summary of high and low values might be empty when the chart's line is flat. But the summary might appear under other conditions. Could this be the reason in your other pbix?

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
lasersharks
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector
lasersharks
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I had this issue and it was because I was using calculation groups.

yes i think the issue was, when using claculation groups, but needs to be re-qualified, currently i can't reproduce the issue..possible gone with one of the latest updates

zzakir
Helper II
Helper II

@jochenjDid you ever figured out what was the issue? I am running into the same problem where a dynamic value I added to smart narrative/text box picks up the measure but shows no result. when I put it on a cardm the result displays fine.

Link to my post/question 

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jochenj 
My test show text values correct with text measure. For this issue, 

V-pazhen-msft_1-1606271429895.png

According to the doc, sometime s a summary is empty when no insights are available. For example, in the sample file's line chart, a summary of high and low values might be empty when the chart's line is flat. But the summary might appear under other conditions. Could this be the reason in your other pbix?

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @jochenj 

Here is what I get when adding this measure to a card with the tooltip. Seems to work for me.  Perhaps you can provide a picture?

Thank you,

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

test.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Nathaniel, the issue is not with the card visual, with the card visual its working for me too.

the issue is with the new textbox/smart narrative visual, i you "add value" in this visuals the measures of type text not work in most cases. The issue seems to depend on the pbix file, if i create a new pbix its working but not for most of my existent pbix files, Best Jochen 

jochenj_0-1606071157868.png

Were you able to solve this issue?

I have currently the same problem.

The text measure is shown on a card, but it does not show on the smart narrative.

Hi @jochenj ,

Ok thanks for pointing that out! I will take a look at it.  Sorry, if I went down the wrong track, but sometimes do my best to answer the right question, and sometimes it might be a translation issue.

Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.