Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

slow performance with Calculated column

Hi Community,

I am having slow performance with below calculated columns. Both calculated columns is in the same table. PNumber column is in another table and servicename is in another table, Link is also in another table. I used related function to copy these columns and pasted it in the Table-1 and then written below DAX expression. 

Service = CONCATENATE(Table-1[PNumber],Table-1[ServiceName])

ID =CALCULATE(CONCATENATEX(Table-1,Table-1[ID],","),FILTER(Table-1,Table-1[Service]=EARLIER(Table-1[Service])))

Link_ID = CONCATENATE(Table-1[Link],Table-1[ID])

Please help me to solve the performace issue.

Thanks,

Paruchuri

2 REPLIES 2
niasha
Advocate III
Advocate III

It seem Microsoft has limited Power BI desktop processing power so developers do not use complex dax.

Power Bi provides a limit for storage (10GB) but not processing power yet.

They need to clarify howmuch processing power are allocated to calculate dax formula on cloud for each report.

I noticed that it takes even loger after recent Power BI updates. 

They try to reduce processing power on desktop so they can manage processing power in cloud with less cost.

You can use SSAS to porcess data before moving it to Power BI. Then you can use less complex dax.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

The bad performance may not only caused by your calculated column. Many factors may result in the slow performance, such as your data  model or the complex of your dax formula.

To get the best performance, you could have a lohislook at this article.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.