Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

leilei787
Helper II
Helper II

slider that let me select different currency

Hello, i am working on a project and got stucked. here is my problem

let's say i have 4 columns:

1st column is territories: France, Germany, UK and Benelux. 

2nd column is local amount ( so France, Germany and Benelux are EUR, UK is GBP)

3rd column is USD amount 

4th column is Eur amount 

i want to create a currency slider that when i select USD, the table will show USD amount, or if i select Eur, it will show Euro

please help!

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @leilei787 ,
PBIX is HERE  Dashboard is HERE Remember only on the Euro page are all buttons hooked up.
You could do something like this.  Add  3 columns, 3 which reference the value column.  Then format each column to the currency.  Then create three pages, three buttons, three pages. You can hook up each button to a different page, and each page has a different currency.  Do the hookup of the buttons on one page, and then copy to the other pages, otherwise you will have to do it on each page.  So mine, the Euro page buttons are working. Use CTRL click on the buttons, although your clients will just click.
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathanielcur123456.PNG

Euros.PNG
cur12345.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @leilei787 ,

This is what you are looking for, I believe. You will need to unpivot your table.  I will provide steps and pbix in a moment.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

cur.PNG

Hi @leilei787 cur1.PNG

Starting table.

cur12.PNG

Selected two columns and then chose unpivot other columns.

cur123.PNG

Go to Transform tab, Select Unpivot Columns, in the drop down select Unpivot Other Columns. Go back to Power BI, and drop the column that is labelled Attribute in this picture on the Slicer.

Here is the PBIX  MY PBIX FILE 

Nathaniel

Hi Nathaniel

thank you for your help!

the solution is bit different from my expectation. i was thinking to use functions such as selectedvalue, switch to create some kind of dynamtic field. because the dataset that i am using is very large, i feel unpivot may mess up everything....are there functions that i can use?

again here is an example. i want to have a slider that can select Local, USD and EURO. the goal is to have one data column that can show all three currencies when it is choicen.  Appreciate your time!

RegionLocal AmtUSD AmtEuro Amt
Benelux10910
Germany444
France222
UK111.2

Hi @leilei787 ,

I think Nathaniel's reply has provided the most appropriate method because DAX could't get the column header name.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

thank you everyone. what if i format the dataset this way. can this format use any of functions to work on the slider? so the goal is to show single currency. but user can choose: USD, Eur and local

thank you again

RegionsCurrency 1Currency sign1Currency 2Currency sign2Currency 3Currency sign3
France1USD9EUR1Local
UK2USD5EUR4Local
Germany3USD4EUR12Local
Benelux4USD8EUR10Local

Hi @leilei787 ,

What is your expected outcome?

Nathaniel

hi Nathaniel

the expected out is like this where user can select Local, Eur and USD. And Currency amount will change accordingly. 

again appreciate your help!

RegionsCurrency Amount
France1
UK2
Germany3
Benelux4

Hi @leilei787 ,
PBIX is HERE  Dashboard is HERE Remember only on the Euro page are all buttons hooked up.
You could do something like this.  Add  3 columns, 3 which reference the value column.  Then format each column to the currency.  Then create three pages, three buttons, three pages. You can hook up each button to a different page, and each page has a different currency.  Do the hookup of the buttons on one page, and then copy to the other pages, otherwise you will have to do it on each page.  So mine, the Euro page buttons are working. Use CTRL click on the buttons, although your clients will just click.

Nathanielcur123456.PNG

Euros.PNG
cur12345.PNG

Hi @leilei787 ,

If what you are asking, is can you format different columns with different formats, you can by formatting the underlying datasets in Power BI.

Nathaniel

cur1234.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.