Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chahineatallah
Helper III
Helper III

slicers & its conflict with other visuals

Hello everyone

I have a country slicer, so it works pretty well, i can filter my country

but when i press on my bar chart visual & then my visuals are filtered wrongly , as slicer for example is selected brazil whereas barcharts russia

how to make slicer the only one selector or if something is selected from other visuals to overwrite the slicer selector, for example if i choose russia in my bar chart then slicer will also change to russia, i tried some edit interactions but it didnt work

I am putting my file as link

thankshttps://catallah-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/chahineatallah_catallah_onmicrosoft_com/EWtMBb8P_h... 

1 REPLY 1
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@chahineatallah  It's not possible to update the dropdown slicer by clicking the visual. Either remove the interaction between the dropdown and the visual and allow the user to select 1-5 (ctrl-click) any country to analyze data or make the visual bigger with a custom resolution size to see all countries.

Alternatively, instead of having country selection with the same data as visuals, why not make a specific region selection e.g., Europe, Asia,etc. This way the user can select different regions in the continent and analyze countries based on that - this is a better approach in my opinion if you plan to utlise both the dropdown and visual together .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors