Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

slicer not work

I create slicer and table as below.

Unfortunately the data in table are not reflect with the slicer.

Could someone help where is I did wrong and how to resolved this issue?

I want to upload my pbix file here but seems this entry are not support to upload pbix file.

slicer-not-work.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi  @space83 ,

Do the Kalendar and Excel tables create a relationship through the field [Year/Week]? Please replace the [Year/Week] field in the table visual with the [Year/Week] field in the Kalendar table instead of the Excel table as shown in the screenshot below.

yingyinr_1-1645433277532.png

Or you can change the Cross filter direction of the two tables to Both. Please find the details in the attachment.

yingyinr_0-1645433224344.png

If the above ones can't help you, you can refer the following thread to upload your pbix file in your thread.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Greg_Deckler , its 2 different table.

slicer is from table calendar and table is from another table.

relationship.jpg

Hi  @space83 ,

Do the Kalendar and Excel tables create a relationship through the field [Year/Week]? Please replace the [Year/Week] field in the table visual with the [Year/Week] field in the Kalendar table instead of the Excel table as shown in the screenshot below.

yingyinr_1-1645433277532.png

Or you can change the Cross filter direction of the two tables to Both. Please find the details in the attachment.

yingyinr_0-1645433224344.png

If the above ones can't help you, you can refer the following thread to upload your pbix file in your thread.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amazingly perfect.

change relationship to both and it totally solved my problem.

thank you very much!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@space83 Is the Year/Week column that shows up in the slicer and the table visual coming from the same Table/Column? Also, you might want to check the Edit Interactions by selecting the slicer and then going to the View tab.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.