Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NourJ Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

slicer is not working with Calculate?

Dear Community,

I am wondering if anyone can help.

I created a measure that calculates the (previous month and by quarter )using DAX formula calculate with a filter.

Even though the formula works there is no way to apply additional filters to the measure with a slicer.

Below is the function I am using if needed, is there any workaround to this?

previous month = CALCULATE([IDP Arrived IND 2018+2019],FILTER(ALL(Append1),Append1[Month no.]=MAX(Append1[Month no.])-1))
IDP by quarter = var q = MAX(Append1[quarter no 1])
return
CALCULATE([IDP Arrived IND 2018+2019] ,FILTER(ALL(Append1),Append1[quarter no 1]=q))

thank you in advance
4 REPLIES 4
adetogni Established Member
Established Member

Re: slicer is not working with Calculate?

What is the formula of the measure [IDP Arrived IND 2018+2019]? And on which column the slicer is working? Also an ALL will ignore filters if applied on a slicer...
NourJ Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@adetogni  its a simple sum 

IDP Arrived IND 2018+2019 = SUM(Append1[IDP (Syrian) Arrived IND]) + SUM(Append1[IDP (Syrian) Arrived IND2018]) + SUM(Append1[IDP (Syrian) Arrived from outside - IND])

so if all is the problem what can i do i tryed all selected it didn't work? plaese advice!
adetogni Established Member
Established Member

The ALL function will select all values on a column, ignoring filters. If you apply a slicer o that column, will be therefore ignored because you used the All. But having a better understanding of the data model, the dataset and the expected result would help. With such poor information all can I say is that here is a suspect of the ALL...
Highlighted
NourJ Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

it works only when i filter by month but when filtering by location it doesn't, here is a screen shot of the relations if this will help.

any relationship.PNGway thank you for your response