Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NourJ
Helper III
Helper III

slicer is not working with Calculate?

Dear Community,

I am wondering if anyone can help.

I created a measure that calculates the (previous month and by quarter )using DAX formula calculate with a filter.

Even though the formula works there is no way to apply additional filters to the measure with a slicer.

Below is the function I am using if needed, is there any workaround to this?

previous month = CALCULATE([IDP Arrived IND 2018+2019],FILTER(ALL(Append1),Append1[Month no.]=MAX(Append1[Month no.])-1))
IDP by quarter = var q = MAX(Append1[quarter no 1])
return
CALCULATE([IDP Arrived IND 2018+2019] ,FILTER(ALL(Append1),Append1[quarter no 1]=q))

thank you in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the formula of the measure [IDP Arrived IND 2018+2019]? And on which column the slicer is working? Also an ALL will ignore filters if applied on a slicer...

@Anonymous  its a simple sum 

IDP Arrived IND 2018+2019 = SUM(Append1[IDP (Syrian) Arrived IND]) + SUM(Append1[IDP (Syrian) Arrived IND2018]) + SUM(Append1[IDP (Syrian) Arrived from outside - IND])

so if all is the problem what can i do i tryed all selected it didn't work? plaese advice!
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ALL function will select all values on a column, ignoring filters. If you apply a slicer o that column, will be therefore ignored because you used the All. But having a better understanding of the data model, the dataset and the expected result would help. With such poor information all can I say is that here is a suspect of the ALL...

it works only when i filter by month but when filtering by location it doesn't, here is a screen shot of the relations if this will help.

any relationship.PNGway thank you for your response

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.