Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

slicer for filter out item belongs to multiple categories

Hi Community,

I am looking for some help, my goal is to have a slicer and a graph when I choose New Sales Dashboard from the slicer Customer POS will show in the graph and when I choose Forecast report Customer POS will also show on the graph.

Hope anyone can help?

Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.30.14 AM.png

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear. But Seem like case bookmarks.

Can you explain with an example.

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

Sorry let me clarify, I have a data set like the one I posted and it have multiple.  Each Initiative linked to either just one or more program.  I want to have a slicer that show program 1 and 2 as choice.  In my visualization, when choose Forecast report or New Sales Dashboard I want Customer POS to be show as the result. so basically is there are 2 program related to the same initiative.

Hope this help.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 9.13.11 AM.png

Hi @Anonymous 

It seems you can use the hierarchy slicer to manage the program 1 & 2 in the slicer, and based on the relationship in your table above, it should work.

0003.PNG

If not the expected results, you might consider providing your dummy pbix that would be helpful for us to investigate it further. 

You can upload it to the onedrive for business and share the link here. please don't forget to disclose the expected results and remove the confidential info.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft  thank you for your help,  the solution you suggest seems not able to get what I am looking for.

Here is a more detail of the sample data.  

I have Multip Epic, and each Epic linked to multiple program and each program can link to multiple initiative. each Sub program can link to multiplet initiative

EpicProgramInitiativeSub Program
Epic 1PG1Project 1SP1
Epic 1PG1Project 2SP1
Epic 1PG1Project 3SP2
Epic 1PG2Project 4SP2
Epic 1PG 3Project 5SP2
Epic 1PG4Project 6SP2
Epic 1PG4Project 7SP2
Epic 1PG5Project 8SP2
Epic 1PG5Project 9SP2
Epic 1PG5Project 10SP3
Epic 1PG5Project 11SP4
Epic 2PG6Project 12SP1
Epic 2PG7Project 13SP1
Epic 2PG8Project 14SP4
Epic 2PG8Project 15SP4
Epic 3PG9Project 16SP4
Epic 4PG10Project 17SP4
Epic 5PG11Project 18SP1
Epic 5PG12Project 19SP4
Epic 5PG12Project 20SP4
Epic 5PG12Project 21SP5
Epic 5PG12Project 22SP6
Epic 5PG12Project 23SP6
Epic 5PG13Project 24SP7

What I am trying to achieve is I will have a Gantt chart to show all the Sub Program progress. if I click on Epic 1 on the slicer it will able to show all related Sub program. Hope anyone can help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.