Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chahineatallah
Helper III
Helper III

slicer & filter not in sync

hello, i want to ask, why my filter & slicer not in sync, like if i choose something in slicer, the filter page doesnt change , the values in the matrix are working, but the filter/slicer are not in sync

as you can see below, i selected store id 8, the filter is working but the slicer didnt change its value to 8, how to make them sync, like if i change any one of them both will have same value 

thanks

slicers question.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@chahineatallah If there is anything selected in the slicer the same value will be shown in the list of values in the filter pane. In case you change anything in the filter pane and if there is anything selected in the slicer the same value would not be reflected in the slicer as you have to uncheck it. The same is also true in case you have something selected in the filter pane and you have made any change in the slicer then you have to deselect it and then make any selection.

Please accept this as a solution if your question is answered !!

Appeciate a Kudos 😀

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ahsanyousuf

I have the same concern. If I change something in the slicer, the filter on page level remains the same... why it is also not updating accordingly?

jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@chahineatallah If there is anything selected in the slicer the same value will be shown in the list of values in the filter pane. In case you change anything in the filter pane and if there is anything selected in the slicer the same value would not be reflected in the slicer as you have to uncheck it. The same is also true in case you have something selected in the filter pane and you have made any change in the slicer then you have to deselect it and then make any selection.

Please accept this as a solution if your question is answered !!

Appeciate a Kudos 😀

@chahineatallah I am facing the same issue. Let me know if you found a solution to this.

Cheers,

Ash

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @chahineatallah 

There are 3 types of filters available. The one you're using above is seems to be filter on visual.

Please use that filter on report level for page level to get your slicer in sync with that.

Currently, your filter pane is having control on your visual (matrix) only, that's the reason you cannot see the slicer in sync with that.

To have a sync with your slicer use page level or report level filter.

Thanks,

Ankit

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

i tried but still not working slicers question 1.png

Hi @chahineatallah 

Please share you're pbix. Delete your pii data and share, I can check.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.