cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single date picker in powerbi

hi

i need to select single date in my report so that business have  greater interaction with the date visual . I know that single date  picker will be vailable in list or dropdown but i dont need that since i have the data for long dates and business finds it hard for selection and where you don't have search option too .

If we don't have anything can you guide if i select the from date in the date slicer ,is there a way that end date is by defualt selcted from to date and so that i can achieve this functionality .

date.jpg

can anyone help me here ?

8 REPLIES 8
jsh121988 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: single date picker in powerbi

Search isn't available on Date type, but it is available on Text type. Create a new calculated column, and set it to a type of Text. You can use Sort By another sorted column if you wan to get fancy with the format output.

DateText = FORMAT([Date], "yyyy-MM-dd")

@jsh121988  : is there any similar visual which you could aware of  for single date picker . Thanks for reply

Regular Visitor

Not that I can see or know of.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @adithyanaini ,

May be your could have a try with before or after slicer in Power BI.

before slicer.png

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft  before or after is not for one date right?. in your below screenshot it takes the range of data from 1/1/2019 to 3/6/2019 . But i need in the same calendar visual which gives the data for 3/6/2019 . I want the user to have claendar visual not the drop down or list format .

Regular Visitor

Before or After can work, but you need to create explicit measures that use the LASTDATE() or FIRSTDATE() as a filter, depending on before or after repectively. My only conern is that it may confuse users, and it can possibly give you more overhead if you need to create a measure for everything (even though I intentionally create measures for everything).

MyMeasure = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM(Table1[Col1]),
    LASTDATE(Table1[Date])
) 

@jsh121988  : yes this creates uncessary confusion .

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @adithyanaini ,

By my test and research, I'm afraid that we cannot achieve your desired slicer in Power BI currently.

You could vote this similar idea which is Started.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.