Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

simple scatter plot?

I'm at a loss.

I pulled a table from sharepoint and I simply want a scatter plot, with the X axis from one column, and the Y axis from another.

Power BI Desktop wants to sum the columns. Why won't it treat each data point independently?

So confused...

I was able to make a time-series line chart out of the same data (one of the input columns is the date), so apparently it can render data without summarizing it. It wasn't intuitive, but whatever.

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

For a scatter plot you need to decide the item you want to plot first. Eg. Product or region (any dimension really).

Once you have that, add that to Detail or Legend. The detail item can only have 2 numbers, one for each axis. Either of the numbers can be an aggregate such as SUM, AVG or MAX/MIN. But you need to boil down to a single number for each axis.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.