Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

simple scatter plot?

I'm at a loss. I can't figure out how to render a simple scatter plot.

I have a table (from sharepoint). I can export that table into excel, click on two columns, and insert -> scatter.

I can successfully "get data", the same sharepoint list, into Power BI Desktop. But it wants to aggregate the columns, and won't render a normal, typical, usual, boring old scatter plot.

How do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jayeckles
Advocate III
Advocate III

The fields you're using for the X Axis and Y Axis both need to be numeric types, and you have to have Details populated with something.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jayeckles
Advocate III
Advocate III

The fields you're using for the X Axis and Y Axis both need to be numeric types, and you have to have Details populated with something.

I tried this,  both my X and Y axis are numberic and I odn't get a scatterplot.

What kind of data goes into Details field? Thank you! Any help appreciated.

It can be literally almost anything in the details field.  The easiest way to select something is what would you want to show up in the tooltip if a user hovers over a particular point (the X, Y, and Detail values will be displayed in the tooltip).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah! Not intuitive, but it works. I suppose if I keep playing with it I might even figure out the best/appropriate/correct data to put in the Details field.

Thank you

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @Anonymous,

This can easily be done with an R visual. Just put the 2 columns into the "Values" and type "plot(dataset)" in the console.

Capture8.PNG

Best,

Alan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.