Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

joemarselo

simple pie chart

Hi everyone,

I have a simple data, and want to make pie chart. But PowerBI fail to process it.

pwrbi01.png

the table only Customer, Balance (amount), Sales (amount), and Profit (amount).

you see in 'Value' - it automatically calculates as 'Count'. I do not want to 'Count' it.

But in Excel Power View, it works perfectly.

How to correct it? What did I do wrong?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
haozhong
Resolver I
Resolver I

1. Go to the table underlying the pie chart and click on the "Balance_LCY" column

2. Click on "Modeling" at the ribbon above

3. In the "Formatting", choose "Whole Number", "Decimal Number" or "Fixed Decimal"

4. Then you will prompt a windows message saying changing data type will etc etc. Click on Yes.

5. Then on the pie chart - Values. You can now select "Sum"

The reason you only get Count is because your data type for that particular column is text. That's why Power Bi can't add the values.

- Hao Zhong

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
haozhong
Resolver I
Resolver I

1. Go to the table underlying the pie chart and click on the "Balance_LCY" column

2. Click on "Modeling" at the ribbon above

3. In the "Formatting", choose "Whole Number", "Decimal Number" or "Fixed Decimal"

4. Then you will prompt a windows message saying changing data type will etc etc. Click on Yes.

5. Then on the pie chart - Values. You can now select "Sum"

The reason you only get Count is because your data type for that particular column is text. That's why Power Bi can't add the values.

- Hao Zhong

Thank you @haozhong.

that's exactly the answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.