Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dennisr
Helper I
Helper I

simple indicator shape - color depends on value

I just need a simple indicator shape - color depends on value.  E.g. A circle that is either red, yellow, or green depending on the value of a data point (and assign color to number ranges).     I can't seem to find a visual that does it.  I've tried playing with a Pie chart, and a Scatter diagram, and Gauge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dennisr
Helper I
Helper I

I went with using "Card with States by OKViz".   It's not exactly a "simple shape", but it meets the need of showing green/yellow/red background based on ranges.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dennisr
Helper I
Helper I

I went with using "Card with States by OKViz".   It's not exactly a "simple shape", but it meets the need of showing green/yellow/red background based on ranges.

SqlJason
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

A workaround is given here - 

http://sqlkover.com/dynamically-changing-shapes-in-power-bi-alternatives/

Another one I have used in the past is a bubble chart (and the bubble color would be based out of a column which will be Red, Yellow or Green). Personally, the easy way is to do images like in the post above. But let me know if that is not enough and I can try to explain the bubble chart one. Would be more complex though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.