Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

significance testing

Hi

How can I somehow display results of t.test or chi sq testing on powerbi?

i saw a previous post that this cant be done but are ther any alternatives to this?

i saw a dax confidence.norm but i dont know how to appy this without applying above testing techniques first?

Thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not sure which specific type of visual you want to create in Power BI Desktop. However, I found a similar blog about how to implement chi square test in Power BI. This blog contains details about how to recreate new query in Power BI Desktop and display test results, please review this blog to check if you can get any ideas.

https://pjharel.wordpress.com/2016/08/03/implementing-benfords-law-and-chi-squared-test-in-power-bi/

Another possible method is to utilize R and Power BI Desktop to visualize significance testing. For more details using R in Power BI Desktop, please review the following articles. There is also a similar thread for your reference.

Running R Scripts in Power BI Desktop
Create Power BI visuals using R

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
UdayPendem
Frequent Visitor

Solved

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not sure which specific type of visual you want to create in Power BI Desktop. However, I found a similar blog about how to implement chi square test in Power BI. This blog contains details about how to recreate new query in Power BI Desktop and display test results, please review this blog to check if you can get any ideas.

https://pjharel.wordpress.com/2016/08/03/implementing-benfords-law-and-chi-squared-test-in-power-bi/

Another possible method is to utilize R and Power BI Desktop to visualize significance testing. For more details using R in Power BI Desktop, please review the following articles. There is also a similar thread for your reference.

Running R Scripts in Power BI Desktop
Create Power BI visuals using R

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That blog has been deleted - can anyone post any notes on what it contained?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic Lydia what a good article you posted! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.