Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NISHA_S
Resolver I
Resolver I

showing missing rows for each category for selected month in power bi

t.PNG

Two category with month/year wise sum of a value is showing.Some time while click on some month/year, the category wise  is not there..so it is showing without that row.ie..datavalue category is missing.

example

tt.PNG

if possible to show the category on all the report months even if the value is $0.00?

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NISHA_S 

Have you tried the methods in previous replies? Could you please let us know whether they help solve the problem?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@NISHA_S you have to create a measure for that and at the end you add +0. Otherwise the normal behaviour of the table visual is to not show zero values.

For example:

Measure = sumx ( 'Sales', Sales [Value]) +0

Hope that helps. 

Best. 

johnt75
Super User
Super User

I think there's a couple of ways to achieve this. If you want the datavalue measure to return 0 instead of blank then you can wrap the measure definition in COALESCE and pass 0 as the second argument to COALESCE.

If you want the measure to return blank but still show up in the report visual, you can select a column in the Visuals well of the required visual and choose "Show items with no data"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.