Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NOVICE02
Helper III
Helper III

showing 14 day rolling data in matrix

I need to summarize data day over day for last 14 days (14 day rolling)

I created a day measure and it was working fine until i realized that at the beginning of the month my data will look like this where day 1 is for current month but other days are for the previous month. I need the 1 to come after the 31. I tried the date format for day month but the formats are too long. I need something short so the matrix doesn't need to be scrolled as i will be subscribing some people to this report via email

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

According to your description, it is due to Power BI default sort regulation by number.

Please try to use Date relative date filtering to filter the last 14days values:

21.PNG

You can turn off 'Word wrap' to hide this complex date and it shows:

22.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.
Thanks.

My Recent Blog -
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-wi...
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Thank you for the responses. I am using relative date filtering but i am also showing the dates horizontally instead of vertically.

However, i have been asked to replace that with week ending which i have done. But now i have a new problem.... i have to also show data by month year. however, they are not appearing choronologically. When i try to sort by date i get the error: 

There can't be more than one value in Date for the same month_year.

Attached is a snapshot of my date calendar

date_calendar.png

Is there a way to fix the appearance of below to have it output chornologically? I am assuming this is not happening because the column formula is a concatenated output and not a date presented in a month year format

snap.png

Hi,

Please try to create a new column to sort:

column = format(date,"YYYYMM")

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.