Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

show values from previous months in a specific month

I am building a report for Defects(Bugs) in our Company. And everything worked out great untill i got to Driltrough. In the Drilltrough page i wanna showcase the how many defects were created, how many were closed and how many open defects there were in that month. 

2019-09-02 13_15_51-Defect_Trend2.1X - Power BI Desktop.png

The problem is, the open defect count is a running count, so when i drilltrough in august for example (August Values:    New: 139/ Closed: 114/ Open: 977) 

I see this: 2019-09-02 13_30_22-Defect_Trend2.1X - Power BI Desktop.png

In the top right corner it shows the right values, but in the table underneath are just 282 records. So i cannot see ALL open defects, just those which had either a creation-, resolved- or statuschange-date in August. I think this is because of "keep all filters" when i drilltrough august 2019 its sets the drilltrough filter to ("Month-Year" is Aug 2019) can I somehow disable that just for the Open defects ? Or is there a workaround this ?

The Goal is when drilled trough august, to see all created and closed defects IN AUGUST. And all open defects IN AND BEFORE august. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@darko_ivanovic 

You may take a look at the following post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Use-a-date-slicer-to-filter-on-a-period-instead-of-a-single...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft 

I tried it out but cant figure out how to make that work with my datamodel.. 

Seems I need a diffrent solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.