Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

show parent and child values without using hierarchy slicer

Hey Experts,
I have a table Account and meetings.For each account their can be child accounts for which meeting is scheduled.
Requirement:
when user select a Account name from the slicer it should show meetings of its child accounts too.I created path and hiearchy but we dont want to use hiearchy slicer as its performance is slow.So how i can filter based on account name from slicer.
filter.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @Anonymous ,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We have added your request to our backlog.

We periodically revisit our published visuals to correct bugs and add enhancements based on user feedback. Once we have an enhancement list set for the next version of this visual, we will let you know on this thread.

If you have an urgent need for this enhancement, please connect to us via our Sales channel.

Thanks again for your feedback, and please continue to provide the same for any of our visuals.

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is caused because the levels are not correctly sorted. The visual self doesn't sort the levels and is rendering the fields and levels 'just as they are provided by MS Power BI'.
You can try to add the fields in the same order as the levels in the hierarchy at it should respect the correct sorting.
For a future version, I am looking at options for automatically sorting.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Anonymous
Not applicable

i dnt want to use hiearchy slicer..I just want to use a normal slicer and then want to filter show all child meetings linked to parent account

Hi @Anonymous ,

Maybe you could create a measure like below to have a try.

Measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Account Name),[Parent meeting]&" "&[Child Meeting],BLANK())

If it can't work, please share some sample data and expected result. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey thanks for your concern.
Actually i am showing meetinga in MAQ Calender Visual so i dont want to concatenate.Just i Want is that it should also show any meeting linked to its child.Right Now Visual Is only showing meeting of any account selected from slicer.

Account Name (Parent) Table 1Account Name (Child) Table 1Meeting subject (Table 2)Requirement
ABCDEInterview (Meeting is with Child Account DE )So If User Select Account Name "ABC" So his own and his child Meeting should be  shown on visual for respective dates

In Below Data VVF (India) LTD is Parent of VVF (india) Limited and a meeting name "Terminal to Door Solution" is set with VVF (india) Limited .So when a user Select VVF (India) LTD (Parent Account)  visual should show meeting "Terminal to Door Solution" which is with its child account.
data.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.