Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

show measure definition in a visual

Hi, 

Is there a visual that can show the measure definition and not the value of the measure.

Thus the visual needs to show for example.: "calculate(sum(x);"filter....)

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Or use 'Enter Data' feature? Generate a formula column.

v-lionel-msft_0-1600673968398.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enter data?? Did you just write the formule in the a table?
The whole point is that I have a report with data/tables/measures coming from cubes and there are already measures in there that I can not see what the calculation is. This is why I want to put a measure in a visual that can show me the calculation.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I don't think there is. When I have to document measures I have different approaches. You can use power bi cleaner o power bi helper. Those are products of people to show information about the tabular model. You can also try this new external tool called "Document Model". If you want to keep it simple and show the measures in a document you can connect to the model with DAX studio and query the tabular information like this post: https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/184828490875/dax-consultar-detalles-de-un-modelo-tabular

Hope some of this helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.