Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sclencioco
Helper I
Helper I

show data descending

Hello,

I would like to show the least on the top of the visuals (sorted descending)

Untitled.jpg

It still shows on the bottom part. Can you help me out on this. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Could you support us with a screenshot of the options you have at "...", so we try to help from there?

Does the following documentation help you?
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-sort-by-column/

Markus Ehrenmueller-Jensen
@MEhrenmueller

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
sclencioco
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @MEhrenmueller

Please see screenshot for your reference.

Untitled110816.jpg

Also, formula for ZERO is shown below

ZERO = IF(count('2015_POSdata'[COUNT])>0,COUNT('2015_POSdata'[COUNT]),0)

I managed to reproduce your problem and solve it:

The sort button looks like one button, but actually there are two. 'Z->A' and 'Sort By XXX' are two different buttons with different functionalities. By clicking on Z->A you can reverse the order, while clicking 'Sort By XXX' will activate or deactivate the sorting.

Let me know if this worked for you.

Hi @Douwe

How can I use Z -> A functionality if the options given are only two as per my image below. 

Capture111016.JPG

@sclencioco

First activate the sorting by clicking on 'Sort by ZERO', afterwards the Z->A functionality becomes active.

asdf.png

@Douwe

It descends by station name, not the values. If its possible that the values be arranged descending.

Thank you.

Sorry I can't help you any further with the information you are providing. Please provide your power bi file so that we can have a look.

@Douwe

How can I provide you with my pbix file? can't search for attach files here as I reply.  Sorry I'm just new in community.

Thank you.

Upload it eg. to Onedrive and share the link with us.

(Remember to first remove any sensitive data from the file.)

@MEhrenmueller

Filip
Douwe
Helper I
Helper I

Click on the triple dots in the visualization and change the order by clicking once more on Sort by xxx

Hi,

It still does not sort the way I expected it to sort. Hence, it sorted chronologically.

Hooping I could make it the way I wanted it to be sorted.

Thank you.

@sclencioco

You need to select the field on Axis and set it sort by your fact value. It will sort in descending order as you expected.

99.PNG

Then set order in chart.

00.PNG

Regards,

Could you support us with a screenshot of the options you have at "...", so we try to help from there?

Does the following documentation help you?
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-sort-by-column/

@MEhrenmueller

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.