Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MaryamHa
Regular Visitor

show context of a column from a table with year dimnsion in a visual table with month-year dimension

Hi

I am new with Power BI. I tried to simplify the problem I am facing:

I have a table (Companies-Sales-Yearly) with data which are actualized yearly. Its columns are: Company name, sales, Clustering (AA, A, B, C)), date (1st Jan 2020, 1st Jan 2021, 1st Jan 2022...)

Company name

Date

Clustering

Sale

XXXX

A

XXXX

AA

YYYY

B

YYYY

A

ZZZZ

c

ZZZZ

c

I have also another table (Companies-monthly) which contains monthly data. Its column are:  company name, monthly sales, date (1st Jan 2020, 1st Feb 2020, 1st Mar 2020…),….

Company name

Date

month

Sale

XXXX

XXXX

….

XXXX

yyyy

….

….

I also have a Calendar- table with month, year dimensions. I create 1:n relationship from my Calendar-table to both fact tables (Companies-Sales-Yearly, Companies-monthly).

I also have another dimension table containing distinct company names. This table has also 1:n relation with other two fact tables.

In a visual table I would like to show the following table:

Company name

Year

month

Monthly sale

Clustering

XXXX

Feb

A

YYYY

Feb

B

XXXX

Mar

….

A

I tried the following measure to show yearly clustering of each company, which should remain unaffected by month filter.

Calculate(selectedvalue(‘Company-Sales-Yearly’[clustering]), Allexcept(calendar-Table, Calendar-Table[year]))

For the companies which have different clustering (for example Clustering of XXXX in 2020 is A and in 2021 is AA) only blank is given back in column “clustering” in the visual table.

But for companies which have the same clustering for both years the visual table shows the clustering in the clustering column.

will be grateful to hear from you 

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MaryamHa ,

Please have a try.

Cancel the relationship between these two tables.

vpollymsft_0-1643354627287.png

Create a measure.

Measure = CALCULATE(MAX('Companies-Sales-Yearly'[ClusteringSale]),FILTER(ALL('Companies-Sales-Yearly'),'Companies-Sales-Yearly'[Date]=SELECTEDVALUE('Companies-monthly'[_Year])&&'Companies-Sales-Yearly'[Company name]=SELECTEDVALUE('Companies-monthly'[Company name])))

vpollymsft_1-1643354665617.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MaryamHa , Expected output is not clear. need example

but see if these can help

Distributing/Allocating the Yearly Target(Convert to Daily Target): Measure ( Daily/YTD): Magic of CLOSINGBALANCEYEAR With TOTALYTD/DATESYTD: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Distributing-Allocating-the-Yearly-Target-C...

Distributing/Allocating the Monthly Target(Convert to Daily Target): Measure ( Daily/MTD): https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Distributing-Allocating-the-Monthly-Target-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.