Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

simormate
Frequent Visitor

show a calculated table in a visual

There is a measure which shows the number of service contracts that fulfill a set of criteria: the date the contract started, the price plan it is in, the sales person responsible, etc. The measures is used in visuals using the date dimension, and they use calculate with the userelationship modifier. I need this for example because the date column is used either for the date of the sale or for the start date of the contract of that sale.

This is the measure I am using:

New contracts with range price plan =
CALCULATE (

COUNTROWS ( Contracts ),
PricePlans[Range] = TRUE(),
Partners[Parent ID] = BLANK(),
USERELATIONSHIP ( 'Calendar'[Date], Contracts[Contract Start Day] ),
USERELATIONSHIP ( Contracts[First Price Plan ID], PricePlans[Price Plan ID] )

)

I would like to create a drill-through from this measure. After clicking on the drill-through of the first measure, I would like to see the individual records (contracts) in a column, and their attributes that are in the criteria of the measure, such as first price plan, contract start date, in the following columns

I could create a table containing Contract ID, price plan, etc. and then point the drill-through to this table. However, when I click on the drill through, it applies the filter of the value clicked. As some of the filters were applied only through the USERELATIONSHIP modifier, these filters will not apply on the table that will be visible after the drill-through.

I could define what I would like to see with a calculated table, but how to show the result in a power bi visual?

5 REPLIES 5
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @simormate ,

In Power BI drill-through works as follows:

1. Create 1st page which has got a table visual with all the summary elements.
  2. Create a 2nd page which act as a Drill-through page from 1st Page when drilled in to details by drilling for example against a metric from the table visual on 1st page and then seeing it's details on 2nd page.

You can refer following blog on how drill-through works in Power BI to get an idea on how to visualise this functionality:

https://powerbi.tips/2018/09/drillthrough/

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Yes, I knew this - the problem is that I would like to see individual records of a dataset after drilling through, and filtered not only with the filter context of the value that was right clicked, but also with the filters defined within the calculate function of the original measure.

Hi @simormate ,

One way of doing this could be placing the FILTERS that are in CALCULATE function for this measure, under KEEP FILTERS section of drill-through page along with the field on which drill-through is created:

Pragati11_0-1610727449776.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @simormate ,

I don't understand your requirement completly as there are no screesnhots around what you are trying to achieve.

The only thing I get is you are trying to create drill-through using the Measures.

Can you explain more please?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thanks, I tried to rewrite my question to make it clearer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.