Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

sharepoint loading error (A value without a type name was found and no expected type is available)

Hi all

I'm loading data from SharePoint list and I'm trying to expand Version field but I'm facing below error. How can I solve this issue? 

DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result.  Error: A value without a type name was found and no expected type is available. When the model is specified, each value in the payload must have a type which can be either specified in the payload, explicitly by the caller or implicitly inferred from the parent value. 

Screenshot_9.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I just connected my online SharePoint list with OData and the error was gone.

• Open Power BI Desktop > at Home Tab > Click on Get Data > Select OData Feed.
  • Type the OData Feed URL for the SharePoint "http://siteurl/_vti_bin/listdata.svc" > Click Connect.
    • ListData.svc provides a way of getting information from a list using REST.

Regards,

Ashfiya

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I help you today? Make sure to Kudo the post and accept it as a solution

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

I could reproduce your issue by my test.

In addition, I have had a consult of PG and will update here if I get any information.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Any updates? I get the same thing trying to pull an enterprise custom field from Project Online.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.