Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

eddydm
Advocate II
Advocate II

sharepoint list & multivalue field

Hey,

I'm using a sharepoint list for my input. One of the fields is a multivalue field.

When I get this list into a powerbi-file, I can see all the single-value-fields, but for the multivaluefield i don't see the values, only the link list. If i click on this link i get an other display with all the values for this record. I can't split this field, I can't pivot/unpivot it.

How can I get all the individual values in this multivalue field?

The next step would be to change the structure so that this different values are translated to different rows. I think that pivot/unpivot is the solution. I can't try it because i don't see the different values.

Or is there a way to combine this two steps?

In my input, there are different multivalue fields, where i'v the same problemen. If you give me a solution for one multivalue field, can i use this for all the different fields or should this cause a problem.

PS If I export the sharepoint list to excel, I can get the different values. As the sharepoint list is a very dynamic list, i don't like to have the task to export the list every 5 minutes..

Thanks in advance

Eddy

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@eddydm,

I have tested it on my local environment, I get the sam result as yours. There are two solution to this issue.

• Switch the source field in SharePoint to plain text, and in doing so, stopped the additional text from rendering in PowerBI.  This is a quick fix solution that solved my immediate need.
  • Tranfer this column into Power BI by using Power Query, please refer to the link below to see sdjensen's reply

Reference
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Importing-Multiple-Lines-of-Text-field-f...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.