Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

c5vette211

sharepoint library to Bi

I am trying to perform some reporting but not sure the best way to start. I have a sharepoint library (no folders) full of questionnaire in .xls form and other documents. I want to create a report in Power Bi that reports back from just the questionnaire. these questionnaire are submitted by various customers, so i am trying to see how many times the same questions are being asked or variations of certain questions to find trends between customers. Not sure the best way to point Power Bi to each questionnaire then extract that data. Should it be from the Sharepoint Library link or do i have to do each .xls individually? is this task beyond capabilities of power bi?

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @c5vette211

Please refer to this article, if you have any problem, please feel free to ask me.

Power BI: Two Way To Get Data From SharePoint List / Library

Best Regards

Maggie

Thank you for the response. This will get a list of the documents in the library but not help me extract the data from those documents. For example: My library has 4 documents. Each document contains 100 questions. I want to run a report that will extract all 400 questions so I can see trends in the questions. Right now the only way for me to do this would be to open each file copy the 100 questions and paste them into a seperate excel sheet. I would be fine to do this if it was only 4 documents but i have almost 10k documents I would like to do this with. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.