Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jwalker

sharepoint folder empty

Hi

New to this but getting better.  Hitting a roadblock with something.

I have data in a sharepoint folder.  It's quite far down but it's there.  3 or 4 CSV files I want to import into dataset, combine and play with.

I 'GET DATA', 'MORE', 'SHAREPOINT FOLDER' 

Enter the correct information (took a few tries to get this right), make sure credentials are OK then Power BI goes off and get's a load of stuff. (Nice Preview presented)

I EDIT that which fires up Query Editor. - Great!

One of the columns is the folder path so start to filter to get to the specific folder and it appears to not exist.

My 'for privacy' sharepoint link that I can see is below

https://COmpany.sharepoint.com/sites/SITENAME/SharedDocuments/Service/Projects/IIII/

however - the files that I want to see are in 

https://COmpany.sharepoint.com/sites/SITENAME/SharedDocuments/Service/Projects/JJJJ/

And they're just not showing.  There should be 4 CSV files

I can see that the process of connecting to sharepoint is working correctly or it wopulnd't present the list of files.  I can see every other folder but just not that one.

I haven't found the scenario on the forums using limited knowledge of search parameters so if there's any hints I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

John

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jwalker,

Please check if your JJJJ file is still in your sharepoint folder?

In another way, you could have a check if you could find the file in Power BI Service.

Untitled.png

In addition, it may be a intermittent issue that others have before, you could try severial times for a test.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Cheery - thank you for the comment

Online Version - yes I can see the sharepoint location and can see the files that are there.  However as I wanted to load the Sharpoint Folder (entire) I read that to do so would required using the Desktop Version.

Thanks for the link regarding the potential intermittent issue.  I'll keep trying to get to see if that works

Hi @jwalker,

Have you solved your problem? If you have solved, please accept the replies as a solution so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still have problems, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for all the comments.  Afraid that nothing has solved it so will keep trying/searching for a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.