Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

shared reports Desk top

can you share your report from the desk top version to another user and they are allowed to refresh the report and make changes? 

8 REPLIES 8
dethompson97
Resolver III
Resolver III

If you are talking about sharing outside of the service, the PBI Desktop produces a .pbix file.  You can send this file to another user and they can open it up and access your data, visuals, code, etc.  They will be able to change all of that.  If they have access to the datasource your report is based on, they can update the credentials, file path etc and reload the data from that source.  

Thanks!

Dawn

PS:  If this solution works, please mark it as a solution to help others. Kudos are nice too. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes that is exactly what I was referring to how can I proceed to get the done ?

If this is what you want, then just give them a copy of  your .pbix that you have created with the Power BI Desktop software.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not sure if you are understanding what I am asking but what I refer to is that I create this report in my desk BI and I would like to share or send the report to another BI user in my group and they will have the report and then can refresh the report for the next day's data which they have access to. so now we both can report out on the daily data. I hope this helps?  

If you have a Pro license, you can publish the app in a workspace and then share the link with your colleague if they also have a Pro license.  Then only one of you would need to refresh the report (this can be scheduled but involves a bit more setup)  If you have premium, then if you publish this in a workspace backed by premium capacity, then only the report creator needs a Pro license.  In the simplest method, you can simply give them your pbix (the one listed above) and they can refresh the data (since you say they have access to it, however, they may need to change the credentials for the data source if their login is different than yours).  This can be changed under Edit Queries  -> Data Source settings.

Hope this helps!

Dawn Thompson

PS:  If this solution works, please mark it as a solution to help others. Kudos are nice too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

C:\Users\a50421\Desktop\internal damages power BI-2.pbix

Is this what you need?

Anonymous
Not applicable

do i share with you or just send as an attachment ? not 

Anonymous
Not applicable

C:\Users\a50421\Desktop\internal damages power BI-2.pbix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.