Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

prashant_ora
Helper II
Helper II

set default value of slicer

I have a slicer called country having different value and based on the user login i want to select any of the country in slicer.

e.g User1 is having country value USA and UK

and user2 is having country value India and Aus

Now when the user1 login into  power bi the slicer should show either USA or UK any value and same for user2 based on his data.

Please suggest how i can set the default value in slicer based on the user .

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@prashant_ora,

You may try a similar way as shown in link below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Default-Behavior-Date-Filter-to-Most-Recent/td-p/235337

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is not solving the problem. How can i attach the sample pbix file here to explain my issues.

@prashant_ora

Have you found any solution to this? I am having a similar issue.

No....

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I'm not sure you can dynamically switch the default selection.

I can suggest you a workaround that will be helpful

If the number of users is 2(idle)

create 2 roles and assign to the users

If the number of users will change,

• Create a calculated column using USERNAME() - In a new table
  • Create another column in the existing table and fill their email address based on the country
  • create a relationship between the above columns

Hope I made it clear!

• Create a calculated column using USERNAME() - In a new table
  • Create another column in the existing table and fill their email address based on the country
    • created a new column called email and filled with country, now this table is having two column country and username and email.
  • create a relationship between the above columns
    • Relationship will be username in new table and username in the existing table?
    • but how that slicer will be selected with one value in case one user is having more than 2 country. This will work only if there is one user and one country.
  • In my case i am having one table is having country
  • other table is having user and country mapping
  • one table is having user and default country
  • Now my requirment is when i use country slicer, it should show all the country(that is done),but out of those country the default one should be selected which is avilable in my user and default country table. 
  • Please suggest.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.