Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sure19
Helper II
Helper II

selective names

Dear All,

Need help on this logic.  I have a list of countries example

Santos, B Aires, Madrid, Yantai, Djbouti, Colombo, Dubai, Caucedo, Posorja.  and year 2015, 2016, 2017 , 2018, 2019, 2020.  most of these cities have data for all the years, but colombo, djibouti, yantai does not have any data after 2018.  but when i use the cities in the slicer, i see all the cities even though they are not required after 2018.  how can i restrict the data after that year?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sure19 

You can use the dates column in filter panel to the filter the City slicer. So the slicer only displays city names within the date range.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sure19 

You can use the dates column in filter panel to the filter the City slicer. So the slicer only displays city names within the date range.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sure19 , Refer to this video, how a measure can help you control slicer value

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOquvfhzNM

This will only help when you have the year 2018 or above selected or passed to the page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.