Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ley
Helper I
Helper I

selective filter in a measure

Hi,

I have a distinctcount measure (total tickets). 

This measure should not been filtered by table "incidencias_similares". I can not configurate this exception in " visuals interactions", and should be indicated in DAX measure.

Nevertheless, this measure should be filtered by [Patron] and [causa] columns from "Data" table.

I have tried this formula:

Total tickets= CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Data[Ticket ID]);ALL('Incidencias_similares'))
Nevertheless, with this formula I can not obtain the number of total tickets for each "Patron" and "Causa".

Any help?
7 REPLIES 7
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Ley 

You may use CROSSFILTER instead and set cross-filter direction to None.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It does not work. If I change crossfilter between Data and Incidencias_similares is true that "Total incidencias" is the same of "Total tickets"= CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Data[Ticket ID]);ALL('Incidencias_similares')) wont be filtered.

But I need that the other metric (Tickets Repetidos) to be filtered.

This is the reason because I have tried with ALLEXCEPT and ALL to avoid filtering

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

I show an example,

As you can see Total incidencias Total tickets= CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Data[Ticket ID]);ALL('Incidencias_similares'))

is not afected by filter, but it is not filtered by Patron

Captura.PNG

@Ley 

Is Patron part of data?

Try

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Data[Ticket ID]);ALLSELECTED('Incidencias_similares'))

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Data[Ticket ID]);ALL('Incidencias_similares'[Total Incidences]))

if you need more help make me @

Appreciate your Kudos.

This 'Incidencias_similares' table refers to what in that data? Because, as you are applying an ALL, I believe it is directly linked to 'Patron'.

Incidencias_similares is a table that is used to create two filter (in the top of the image). Total tickets should not been filtered by Incidencias_similares.

Nevertheless, this measure should be filtered by [Patron] and [causa] columns from another table, "Data" table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.