Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sebastienke
Helper III
Helper III

selecting a specific data in a table

Hi,

This is my first topic, I'm realy new at using Power BI. Please be indulgent Smiley Happy

I have a table (TABLE1) gathering different combination of 3 data (numbers and strings) for which I have a specific result as a string.

DATA1.DATA3.DATA3 = result

Example :

A.1.N = a

A.1.S = b

A.2.N = c

In an other table (TABLE2), there are 3 differents columns indicating different combination (A1N, etc), and I would like to add a column giving the result for each combination (a, b, c, ....)

Can I have some help please ?

Thanks a lot !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you are doing this as a calculated column in ZTM01 you could use the LOOKUPVALUE() function (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/lookupvalue-function-dax )

Which I think would be something like the following in your model:

LOOKUPVALUE( RELACHE[Validation],
RELACHE[Cas], ZTM01[Condition 1],
RELACHE[DELAIS AVANT SM], ZTM01[Condition 2],
RELACHE[CRENEAU], ZTM01[Condition 3]
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please share a pic of two tables to understand how the data is structured.

Here is the table RELACHE with combinations of columns (CAS, DELAIS AVANT SM, CRENEAU) and the related results (VALIDATION)

list of combinations and related solutionslist of combinations and related solutions

Here is the table ZTM01 in which I have combination of data (CONIDTION 1, CONDITION 2 CONDITION 3) and for which I want the related result (VALIDATION)

data to analyzedata to analyze

Actually I have found a solution, but it is a workaround and I would like to know a better way to do it.

For both tables, I have concatenated the different combinations in the column CODE and I have created a relation "1 to many" between those two tables to find the related result. 

Do you have an idea how to it based directly on three different columns (CONDITION1, 2 and 3) and not by concatenating ?

Thanks for your help.

If you are doing this as a calculated column in ZTM01 you could use the LOOKUPVALUE() function (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/lookupvalue-function-dax )

Which I think would be something like the following in your model:

LOOKUPVALUE( RELACHE[Validation],
RELACHE[Cas], ZTM01[Condition 1],
RELACHE[DELAIS AVANT SM], ZTM01[Condition 2],
RELACHE[CRENEAU], ZTM01[Condition 3]
)

it works 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.