Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ksymons
Employee
Employee

select multiple boxes in slicer

Did we just lose the ability to select multiple elements (boxes) in a slicer? I'm going to need to re-do all my reports!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

our team is experiencing this same issue, most of our group uses Mac's.  The workaround is to edit the slicer using the paitbrush menu navigate down to Selection Controls and set to OFF "Single Select", this will revert the slicer back to the original functionality with check marks in the box  and the ability to select multiple items on a MAC.  

slicer.JPG

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Tonvanderhaven
Frequent Visitor

Tonvanderhaven_0-1626787575556.png

Tonvanderhaven
Frequent Visitor

You can simply add a filter to the page so users can choose multiple selections. Worked for me.

RaulPBI
Helper II
Helper II

Hello everyone. I have just read all of your messages, and I still have a doubt. It is: "ctrl + clic" works only with slicer in MAC, not with other kind of graph, isn't? I am trying with bar chart and it dos not work. Any help?

ariepowerbi
Regular Visitor

Same here.  I noticed on the Web I can change the slicer setting (turn off or on  One Selection);  but in Powerbi designer there is no such option (yet?). 

@ariepowerbi - I have sent an email to the Power BI team asking about this. There should be an option within the desktop to save your preference to a single/multi select slicer. I havent heard anything back about it yet.

@ksymons Service/Desktop? Can you be more specific? I just checked both (Oct Desktop version) and I don't see any issues.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

This happens on service. Using Mac Safari 8.0.4 but checked multiple browsers with same result. On Windows explorer - meaning on a PC vs MAC , you can use Ctrl+click to get mutliple selections but on a Mac using Crtl will bring up a shortcut menu making the Ctrl+ slection impossible. Not sure why the previous method of multiple selections was not good enough? Seemed to work perfectly: select/unselect, use the eraser... Sometimes trying to fix things makes it worse...

our team is experiencing this same issue, most of our group uses Mac's.  The workaround is to edit the slicer using the paitbrush menu navigate down to Selection Controls and set to OFF "Single Select", this will revert the slicer back to the original functionality with check marks in the box  and the ability to select multiple items on a MAC.  

slicer.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Very simple and helped me now.

Does it work only with slicer or you can use "ctrl+clic" for multiple selection in bar chart for example? Thank you all.

The only issue with changing the option is as soon as you refresh the data it reverts back to the default of single selection.

I have the same issue. cannot select multiple boxes in slicer. Before this week you could select multiple boxes in the slicer , the selction would place checkmarks in every box selcted. Now the slected box will be solif black and trying to sleect another box in teh slicer will remove a previous selection. So only one item can be selected at a time.

On Mac the ability to select multiple options in a slcier is now completely gone.  This is likely due to the change where one must control-click to select multiple.  As a result Mac users (4 out of my 11 person analytics team) can no longer use the dashboards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.