Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gtamir
Post Patron
Post Patron

see the original value where error is displayed

After Close & Apply in query editor i get few lines with errors in two columns.

How can I see what was the original value that caused this error.

10 REPLIES 10
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can look to previous steps in the query editor and from there look to see what stage of the query the error comes into play and what values are causing it

I found this in you tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Lag0VOiTs

I still have a question:

I suppose the lines with errors were not passed to the table while "close & load". Am I right?

Now I see the "-" and the "*".

.ScreenHunter_005.jpg

I replaced the "-" with nothing, and the "*" with blank

ScreenHunter_006.jpg

How do I finish the operation and load the corrected values to the table?

Hi @gtamir,

I think you need to remove these error columns and transform your custom column to right type.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, You see that I fixed them by removing the "*" at the begining. now if I "close & Load" will they be added to the other records?

Hi @gtamir,

>>now if I "close & Load" will they be added to the other records?

Nope, other records won't auto generate similar columns to handling error records. I think you can try to package them as custom function and invoke this function to replace other similar error.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

This is not what I meant. I don't want to add columns, I want to add the raws that I fixed to the table.

Hi @gtamir,

Do you means replace original error value?
If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you take a look at below links which told about use replace function to dynamic replace value based on conditions.

Query editor replacing values based on another column

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Thank you for the effort you do to explain me that. I'll try to explain my problem again.

I have an excell table with 100 lines.

I bring them to power bi and press load.

It loads the file but says that there were 5 raws with errors.

I look at the "query errors" and see the 5 lines. I know what the errors are and I fix all the 5 errors.

Now...I press "Close&Apply". Are these 5 lines added to the table? 

HI @gtamir,

>>Now...I press "Close&Apply". Are these 5 lines added to the table? 

If you already replace these error records and save close the change, these new values will replace original records, it not means power bi will add new lines to original table.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

I know from the excel that a few records contain some wrong values. But I don't want to go each time to the original table in excel, I want to replace or show the value on each cell within the query were error is displayed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.