Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

franciscoep
Frequent Visitor

security filter does not work RLS

The security filter does not pass to the other tables, with a simple DAX formula it does not pass, it only filters the table that contains the users with the roles and the fact table, but the other dimensions do not.

Captura con el caso de que no pasa los filtros en el modelo.JPG

This is the permissions table, the "CORREO" field has the emails and the "ID_NEGOCIO" field is associated with the fact table.

and use the role in role manager

Tabla de los usuarios.JPG

Dax con el permiso.JPG

I can't understand why I don't pass the filters to the other tables.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @franciscoep ,

As sturlaws said, I think you need to check 'apply security filter in both directions' option to confirm if you have not enabled security filter across relationships.

In addition, you can also add a measure to display 'userprincipalname' function results to confirm if their result not matched with the mapping table records. (you can also change your formula to use 'username' if 'userprincipalname' function return the wrong result)

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI#using the username or userprincipalname dax function 

Dynamic Row Level Security with Profiles and Users in Power BI : Many-to-Many Relationship 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I had previously applied the 'security filter in both directions', but it only works for one relationship and does not happen for the rest of the relationships.

solo una relacion con filtro bidireccional.JPG

I already did the test with the formulas, and the security filter does not pass to the rest of the tables, it only passes from the permit to the fact table and from there it only passes to the one that I have applied the security filter, the rest of tables are not filtered

sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @franciscoep ,

have you remebered to check the "Apply security filter in both directions"-box in the relatiohship dialogs?
security filter does not work RLS.png

Cheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.