Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dtran
Helper II
Helper II

secondary axis

Currently using Power BI Desktop (just downloaded last week). I'm trying to create chart with secondary axis (Y-axis). However, in the tool, when I select from Visualization pane, 'Y-Axis' then 'Show secondary', nothing happens. In the video, I see that underneath that option when it is selected, there are other options to select like position it on 'right' side.  

Please advise.

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Can you try adding the metric (which you want to display in secondary axis ) to the line values 

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get the line chart to stop aggregating? Thanks in advance.

Amitchin_0-1645450421125.png

vb84

Hi in my case sometime it shows secondary axis option & sometimes it doesn't.

Dont know the reason. Kindy susggest the solution.

powerbi1.pngpowerbi2.png

i found the solution but doesnt seems right

When i do Y axis title tab on off or change the display unit to auto, it shows secondary axis.

WillowY

the link to solution doesn't work, could you please resend? thanks,

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dtran,

Can you share us some detailed information about your issue? (e.g. screenshots, sample file, chart type, operation steps...)

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

I have a dummy pbix file with the example but I don't see a way to upload to here. 

How can I upload file or upload screenshot?

thanks!

Hi @dtran,

You can use photos button to upload the screenshots, sample data your can upload to 1drive and paste the link.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Capture.PNG

See blue arrow

1) The chart isn't showing the secondary axis

2) From videos I've seen that there should be more options below once it is set to 'On'. But there's nothing showing here.

Hi,

Can you try adding the metric (which you want to display in secondary axis ) to the line values 

Capture.PNG

Just what I needed, simples.

Thanks Thiyags!

It works now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.